Diaper Drive for PADP September Nonprofit of the Month: Athens Area Diaper Bank
National Diaper Need Awareness Week is quickly approaching! Public Administration and Policy will be taking diaper donations in our office (Baldwin Hall 204) through the entire month of September in support!
Join Public Administration and Policy in supporting our September Nonprofit of the month: Athens Area Diaper Bank! Diaper Need Awareness Week is Sept. 18-24 but we will be collecting donations in our office (Baldwin Hall 204) all month! Drop off donations or donate on their website. Learn more about diaper need in our community and share solutions and information about the Athens Area Diaper Bank and how they are working to help local families.
We are working with the Diaper Bank to bring awareness of this difficult issue while trying to make a difference in our community.
If you are not familiar with diaper need and how it effects families around us:
- “Diaper need” is a lack of a sufficient supply of diapers to keep babies clean, dry, and healthy.
- Diapers cost over $1,000 every year, a cost that 1 in 3 families struggle with in the US.
- Government assistance programs, like food stamps and WIC, do not cover diapers.
- There are 8,000 children in the Athens area at risk of experiencing diaper need.
- The Athens Area Diaper Bank provides over 25,000 diapers every month to families in need.
- For more information on diaper need and how it affects families, check out: www.athensareadiaperbank.com and www.nationaldiaperbanknetwork.org.
Please check out these resources to learn more about diaper need, share with friends and family how they can help, and if you are able, drop some diapers by our office so we can get them over to the Athens Area Diaper Bank this month!