- Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison 1967, Political Science
- M.S., University of Wisconsin-Madison 1964, Political Science
- B.A., Oklahoma State University 1963, Political Science
Current research interests focus on examining the relationship between politics and administration in democratic governments.
- Politics and Administration at the Top: Lessons from Down Under (Pittsburgh: The University of Pittsburgh Press, 1997).
- Financing Presidential Campaigns (Washington, D.C.: The Brookings Institution, 1972). Public Officials and the Press (Reading, Massachusetts: Addison-Wesley Publishing Co., 1969).
- “The Federalist Papers vs When Corporations Rule the World,” Public Administration and Management Journal, Vol 4, No. 1, January 1999.
- Delmer D. Dunn, “Accountability, Democratic Theory, and Higher Education” Educational Policy , Vol. 17, No. 1, January and March 2003, pp. 60-79.
- Delmer D. Dunn and Jerome S. Legge, Jr., “Politics and Administration in U.S. Local Governments” Journal of Public Administration Theory and Research , Vol. 12, No. 3, July 2002, pp. 401-422.
- Delmer D. Dunn and Jerome S. Legge, Jr., “Local Government Managers and the Complexity of Responsibility and Accountability in Democratic Governance” Journal of Public Administration Theory and Research , Vol. 11, No. 1, January 2001, pp.73-88.